
I love mushrooms. It's a habit I got from my mom. Problem is, most people I know aren't fans, so it's usually just me eating them. And as much as I like them, they can get old quickly. Nevertheless, here's an easy recipe that was delivered to my Inbox.
Mushroom Turnovers (from Allrecipes)
Makes 8.
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped [1]
2 T. minced fresh parsley
2 T. minced onion
3 T. butter, divided
1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent roll dough [2]
2 & 1/2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. sesame seeds [3]
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the mushrooms, parsley and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Drain and set aside.
Separate the dough into 4 rectangles. Cut rectangles in half, forming 8 squares, and arrange on a large baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture on each square. Top each square with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Fold the squares into triangles.
In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Brush triangles with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm. [4]
Getting ready to fold the dough.
Notes:
[1] I used white button mushrooms.
[2] Apparently they make crescent dough with no perforations, it's just one big sheet. I used the one with perforations and found the dough a bit uncooperative, since I had to fight to keep the crescents together. (I found it the other day when at the grocery store...wouldn't that have been nice to know BEFORE I made these?)
[3] I omitted she sesame seeds.
[4] These re-heat well. I wrapped them in tinfoil and tossed in the oven/toaster oven for a few minutes while something else was cooking. They're not as crusty, but still tasty!
Ratings: ME: 3/5
I thought these were a bit bland. I actually thought they were better reheated. I would recommend a light-colored cookie sheet (or cover with foil) since the bottoms of mine burned. I'm trying to decide how they would be in little coin-pouch-looking-things to serve as appetizers at a party...too much dough, not enough filling? To make this size for a party would be a monstrous amount of work. Also, not sure what else I can add to zip it up a bit. Bacon? (although I did like that this was meat-free, aka Vegetarian in my house.)





No comments:
Post a Comment