Saturday, April 11, 2009
Italian Chicken
My roommate in college got me started on this recipe. She'd buy the ready-to-go chicken tenderloins in bulk from our local warehouse club, and toss them in a skillet with some dressing when she got home from work. It was so tasty and SO. EASY. I often serve this with white rice and instead of the whole breast, cut it into chunks (coats better with dressing and cooks a bit faster.)
Italian Chicken
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 per person
Italian salad dressing [1]
Cut chicken in to bite sized pieces. In skillet over medium heat, add Italian dressing and chicken; simmer until chicken is completely cooked, turning occasionally, approximately 5-10 minutes[2][3]. Remove chicken to plate, keep warm. Continue to simmer dressing until reduced slightly; pour dressing over chicken and serve with rice.
Notes:
[1] I prefer to use the dry mix and make my own. This way, I can use more water than oil and make the dish a little healthier.
[2] You can use a lid or not...I've done it both ways. Often if I've got other stuff going, I'll cover the chicken to make less mess.
[3] I usually cook until the dressing has reduced and remove the chicken at the time I'm ready to pour.
Ratings: 4.5/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OMG I am so glad I found your blog! That chicken looks so yummy and incredibly easy. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment