
I'm working on a project at work with two other wonderful ladies. We decided we were going to meet one night for dinner to celebrate a milestone in the project. It was such a great night! I made these cupcakes to take for dessert. (I tried a new recipe.)
Vanilla Cupcakes (taken from Annie's Eats)
Makes 12 cupcakes.
1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon (optional)[1]
1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. milk
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract and lemon zest.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and milk in three additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Evenly fill muffin cups with the batter and back for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Notes:
[1] I did not use the lemon zest.
Ratings:
ME: 3/5 Eh. This will not be my go-to recipe for vanilla cupcakes. They were good, but dense and a little weird tasting--like toooo homemade maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment