Rolo Cookies (from Love at First Bite)Makes about 3 dozen. [1]
2 & 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
30-36 Rolos (chocolate-covered caramels) [2]
2 T. sugar
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Mix well.
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. [3]
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 Rolo in the center of each dough ball. Form the dough around the candy and roll in sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1 minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
Notes:
[1] I ended up getting about 50+ cookies from this recipe. I must have made them a little bit smaller.
[2] I used nearly the whole bag for cookies. (My husband ate the rest!)
[3] 30 minutes was not enough--they were quite sticky. I put the bowl back in the fridge between batches and that seemed to work well. The last batch was too cold and the dough wouldn't mold around the Rolo properly.
Ratings: ME 5/5
These were REALLY good, especially if you like chocolate and caramel together. They were a bit crumbly, but not as sweet or as heavy as you might expect. Usually 2 cookies were enough, 3 made you wish you hadn't had the last one, lol.
Hubby, Mom, Dad, Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, nieces--all RAVED! (I guess it helps we all like Rolos!)
3 comments:
looks so yummy. i love the comment about how the 3rd made you know 2 was enough!
This recipe looks very good! I will have to try it!
Definitely going to try these! I got on here today for the sweet and sour chicken recipe - I made it again tonight!!!
Post a Comment