Thursday, August 22, 2013

Freezer cooking: round 1

I've been reading about this for a while....you spend one or two grueling days and prep a BUNCH of meals to store in your freezer, all of which require little time to prepare afterwards.  I figured with going back to school in a few weeks and a new baby due soon after, it was time to try.   I found 8 recipes that seemed like our normal fare (nothing to exotic for this first go-round), made my shopping list, went to Bottom Dollar with a very specific list (and an excited pre-schooler) and $108 later, got to work.  This batch of recipes required no pre-cooking....just chopping and measuring and zipping of bags.  I made just one (or 1/2) of each recipe to be sure we liked it before making MASSIVE amounts....that'll be round 2. :)

Also, we bought the good Ziploc storage bags, the ones with the double zipper that are supposed to be awesome.  OMG, they leaked!!!  I'd rather my Dollar Store bags any day, especially if I have to double-bag anyway!

(And my apologies for the lack of pictures.  Next time.)

No comments: