IN THE BAG- Whisk together 1/4 cups beef broth, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons white wine, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes. Add mixture plus one and a half pounds chuck steak, cut into strips, to a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze cooked 2 cups brown rice and 1 cup broccoli florets in their own separate bags.
TO COOK- Thaw beef/marinade bag and rice, but not broccoli. Cook beef mixture in crock pot for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Add frozen broccoli for the last hour of cooking.
TO SERVE- Serve over warm brown rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
[1] I didn't cook the broccoli or rice ahead of time. Instead, I made egg noodles while finishing up, and dumped in a bag of frozen broccoli about 1hr before. I would do this again, but put the broccoli in about 2 hrs before. Everything was cooked, but not super super hot and I think that makes a difference.
[2] This was good, but there was not a ton of flavor...DH said it was kinda hiding. Things we're considering for next time....add Worcestershire sauce? Brown gravy mix?
[3] I would double the amount of sauce ingredients for the same amount of meat. Being in a bag, the cornstarch made it gooey & it didn't want to come out of the bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment